We get Tech! From our many years of experience working with and for technology companies we have gained a particular understanding and knowledge of the specific needs of the internet industry.
Our main areas of practice include technology law, software law, cyberlaw, internet law, computer law, e-commerce, IP and IT law, as well as social media law, privacy and data security law.
Data Protection, Privacy and Data Security
We assist our clients in complying with all aspects of European and U.S. data protection and privacy laws and regulations, including the following:
- Registration or declaration prerequisites before EU Data Protection Authorities
- Ensuring the legal compliance of your personal data collection questionnaires
- Auditing your data security and privacy against U.S. and EU legal and/or regulatory requirements
- Complying with EU laws in connection with your transfers of EU personal data to the U.S.
- Implementing a Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) program for your transatlantic intra-group transfers of personal data
- Registration under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield compliance program for the transfer of EU personal data to the U.S.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts between data controllers and data processors, including by implementing EU-approved Model Clauses
- Drafting of EU and U.S. compliant privacy policies
- Bringing your company’s privacy practices in conformity with the GDPR
Technology and Software Law, IT and Computer law
We assist with the drafting and negotiation of the following:
- IT facilities management and cloud computing services agreements
- SaaS and ASP agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Maintenance agreements
- Hosting agreements
- Software development agreements
- License agreements
- Partnership agreements
We also assist with the drafting of corporate policies or internal guidelines around the use of Open Source Software by our clients.
M/E-commerce, Social Media
We also assist our clients with the drafting and negotiation of the following:
- Website or mobile application general terms and conditions of use
- Online terms of sale
- Cookies policies
- Privacy policies
- Legal notices
- Recommendations for complying with third party copyrights and trademarks